We look back at a very succesful 1st GhanaWeb Excellence Awards
The First edition of the GhanaWeb Excellence Awards was on December 11, 2021, held at the Accra City Hotel after several months of various stages of Implementing the first – ever website – initiated people Choice awards in Ghana.
The black-tie event was climaxed with a total of 20 personalities and organisations taking home Awards in honour of their significant contributions to national development.
The event also saw key personalities rewarded with citations for their exemplary efforts in promoting peace, national development and social welfare
View the 2021 Winners
Recognising outstanding Ghanaians who have helped in the development of the country
GhanaWeb Humanitarian Award
- A person who has been exemplary in promoting human welfare by helping needy and underprivileged people in Ghana without discrimination.
GhanaWeb Women Empowerment Award
- A person who has shown resolve in raising the status of women in Ghana through education, awareness, literacy, training or the improvement of women's social, economic and political status.
GhanaWeb Media Development Award
- A person who has championed or is championing the growth and development of the media in Ghana through the promotion of freedom of expression, pluralism and diversity.
GhanaWeb Peace & Diplomacy Award
- A person who has advocated or is advocating for peace and helps address conflict at any level in Ghana.
GhanaWeb Business Development Award
- A person who has created business opportunities through innovative ideas, initiatives, and activities in the country.
GhanaWeb Youth Empowerment Award
- A person who has created activities and launched initiatives to encourage children and young adults to take charge of their lives.
GhanaWeb Leadership Excellence Award
- A person who has shown commitment to developing and improving an organisation or community in Ghana by inspiring, motivating and leading teams to address challenges.
GhanaWeb Tech & Innovation Award
- A person who has improved the lives of Ghanaians and increased productivity through technological innovations.
GhanaWeb Culture Promoter Award
- A person home and abroad who has promoted the culture of Ghana extensively to the outside world and gained international recognition in the global media and socio-economic space.
GhanaWeb Creative Arts Excellence Award
- A person who has excelled in the arts, dance, drama, film or music industry in Ghana.
GhanaWeb Influential Man Award
- A man who has been influential in the country on both Ghanaian people and institutions.
GhanaWeb Influential Woman Award
- A woman who has been influential in the country on both Ghanaian people and institutions.
GhanaWeb Advocate of Good Governance Award
- A person who has promoted good governance in the country through activities including activism and public discourse.
GhanaWeb Discovery Award
- A person between the ages of 10 and 35 who is innovative in any sector and has exhibited qualities of becoming an extraordinary person in Ghana.
GhanaWeb Star Award
- A loyal follower or contributor to GhanaWeb who has been very active for at least 10 years on the website.
GhanaWeb Social Media Personality Award
- A social media influencer who has made an impact in the lives of Ghanaians through social media advocacy.
GhanaWeb Most Influential Blogger Award
- A blogger who has made an impact in the lives of Ghanaians through blogging.
GhanaWeb Business Giant Award
- A loyal business partner or client of GhanaWeb who has been actively engaged with GhanaWeb for at least 5 years.
- The candidate should display loyalty, consistency and value of doing business with GhanaWeb